Adele is set to release "25," her highly anticipated new album, which will be available globally on Friday November 20th and is the first new music from her since her Oscar winning single 'Skyfall' in 2012. "Hello" is the debut single from ''25." The cinematic video for ''Hello'' was shot in the countryside surrounding Montreal and is directed by the celebrated young Canadian director Xavier Dolan (Mommy, Tom at the Farm). "My last record was a break up record and if I had to label this one I would call it a make up record. I'm making up with myself. making up for lost time. making up for everything I ever did and never did." - Adele
On the heels on highly regarded collaborations with FKA Twigs, Björk and Kanye West comes Arca's much-anticipated second album Mutant, out November 20th and 2LP vinyl January 14th on Mute.
What possible appeal could AOR (Adult Orientated Rock) have for the street wise hip-hop producer? Well for a start these records were very common. Many sold in their millions, and even those that didn't, at a time when the record industry was in very rude health were pressed in great numbers. If you were an impoverished would be hip hop producer they would be available for cents in thrift stores and other repositories of vinyl ephemera. Once they had bought the record they were in for a surprise. These records could contain a hell of a lot of soul. AOR Breaks is a new (and unofficial) compilation of Classic AOR tracks, performed by the original artists, many of which have been sampled by some of Hip Hop's finest, such as Biz Markie, 2Pac, Warren G, Snoop Dogg, Puff Daddy and more. The album features major artists including Steve Miller Band, Joe Cocker, Boz Scaggs, Michael McDonald, Toto, Kenny loggins, ELO and many others from the scene.
It's official, The Doctor is back with a masterful body of work, dedicated to the people of the city where he came from: Compton. This is Dre's first new album since 2001. The album features guest appearances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, The Game, Ice Cube, Xzibit among others.
With his 2000 debut album, Aijuswanaseing (I Just Want to Sing), Musiq Soulchild made an indelible mark on the R&B soundscape. Aijuswanaseing is a remarkable collection of songs that successfully showcases Soulchild's vocal talent and versatility as he crisscrosses the analogous styles of R&B, soul, and rap. Continuing with its Respect The Classics campaign UMe will be reissuing this classic album back on purple vinyl for its 15th anniversary.
Devil's Night is the debut album from Detroit hip hop group D12, featuring the world’s most popular rapper, Eminem, who also executively produced the album. “Devil’s Night” produced three singles: "Purple Pills," "Ain't Nuttin' But Music," and "Fight Music" and debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. Continuing with its Respect The Classics campaign, UMe will be reissuing this classic back on vinyl with a special edition animated cover with flames dancing across the iconic D12 match book.
D12 is the hip hop group from Detroit featuring the world's most popular rapper, Eminem. Their sophomore album “D12 World” features "My Band," which reached number one in Australia and the U.S., and top 5 in the U.K. and Germany. The album features production by Dr. Dre, Kanye West and Eminem. Continuing with its Respect The Classic campaign, UMe will be reissuing this classic back on vinyl with a special edition animated cover with monster finger with nails that grow and a rotating planet.
M83 (named for the spiral galaxy Messier 83) is Electronic artist Anthony Gonzalez. M83 's Gonzalez and former member Nicolas Fromageau founded the group in 2001 in Antibes, France. Key to M83's style are attributes often associated with shoegaze which is the emphasis on tonality, extensive use of effects and often softly-spoken lyrics at times submerged in instrumentation. Whether guitar or synthesizer based, M83's parts typify the tone common both to dream Pop and contemporary Electro. All three of M83's albums were well received, in particular Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts, their second album, which allowed them to break through to a larger audience.
Saturdays= Youth is the fifth studio album by M83 produced by Ken Thomas, (Sigur Ros and the Cocteau Twins) with co-production by Ewan Pearson (Tracey Thorn, The Rapture, and Ladytron) and M83's Anthony Gonzalez. The album was originally released on Mute in 2008 to widespread critical acclaim including an 8.5 "Best New Music" by Pitchfork, and being named album of the year by Drowned in Sound.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com