Sold Out - $18.99
Twit reimagined Blu’s Pete Rock produced “The Clean Hand” with his trademark Cool Bap sound and added 4 bonus beats plus the instrumental version to complete the exclusive “Clean Hand Remix EP”. This 10” is the first collab between the good folks at Redefiniton Records & hhv.de and hopefully as special to you as it is to us!
Sold Out - $24.99
Thanks to such bone-crushing songs as "L.A., L.A.," "Bloody Money" and "T.O.N.Y. (Top Of New York)," Capone-N-Noreaga established itself on The War Report with a signature blend of gangsterism, lyricism and humor, as well as its own distinctive Middle-Eastern inspired vocabulary and military-heavy lyrics and imagery. This innovative combination, as well as the balance between Capone's gruff, no-nonsense rap style and Noreaga's unorthodox lyrics and flow, made the Queens, New York, duo one of the premier rap groups to emerge in the late 1990s. In an unfortunate turn of events, Capone was incarcerated as The War Report enjoyed commercial and critical success upon its release in 1997. Upon Capone's release, he and Noreaga combined for three more group albums - The Reunion in 2000, Channel 10 in 2009 and The War Report 2: Report The War in 2010 - and enjoyed successful solo careers. Now, almost 20 years later, the group is back on the label where they began their career. Lessons is the first album with Tragedy being back in the CNN fold and helps bring continuity along with his clever style that fans have been anticipating. With features ranging from The Lox, Raekwon, Sadat X, Large Professor and Royal Flush this is a New York street classic album. But beyond the music, Capone-N-Noreaga feels that its bond with Penalty is deeper than rap. With Lessons, CNN proves that being home is the best place to be.
Sold Out - $24.99
Brand new project by Didaflo in which he made everything in the concept of collage, going through the whole process of re-using lots of materials to create new textures and give new life to obscure and for most forgotten bits of the American Pop culture. This is the 2nd album by Didaflo but his first ever on vinyl! This album is a real piece of art that comes in a very exclusive collector gatefolder edition with many printed parts done by the ever mystic man himself Sir Froderick. We like to think of this one as an extra special release as it exhibit the art of Sir Froderick like never before. Once opened the album takes you to his universe and is pretty much like entering a fresh dimension of beats, samples & visual graphics.
Sold Out - $24.99
Masta Ace, Wordsworth & Stricklin are back on the set as eMC with "The Tonite Show", the follow-up to the 2008 debut album "The Show". Actress Rosie Perez and comedians Russell Peters and Tony Rock lend their voices in various skits throughout the album while songs include guest features and productions by Sadat X, B-Real, Diamond D, Xzibit, Koolade, Tonedeff, Dion, Pav Bundy, The Are of K-otix and many more. This one's definitely one of the Hip Hop highlights in 2015!
Limited edition of 300 copies of Sach's "Ignorance My Enemy" album on proper vinyl. Another lo-fi affair by one of the most talented MC's from the west. Artwork is once again provided by the one and only Ian Johnson.
Sold Out - $24.99
Limited deluxe edition of 500 copies in gatefold sleeve with all instrumentals. Finally "Seven Days To Engineer" gets a proper vinyl release through hhv.de. The entire project was made in 7 days back in 1998 and marked the first solo joint by one half of the legendary Westcoast crew The Nonce. 2 tracks with Yusef are included as well as features by Aceyalone and The Oracle Jayne Doe.
Sold Out - $24.99
Limited edition of 500 copies of Sene’s collaborative effort from 2009 with Blu behind the boards providing beats for the entire album. Brooklyn's Sene and Los Angeles' Blu have collaborated for a true transcontinental classic, A Day Late & A Dollar Short. Sene's lyrics and east coast swagger delivery compliments the melodic musical backdrop that Blu produces. In a time where albums are released like fast food, Sene and Blu took their time and have delivered a true masterpiece. Lead by the single "QuarterWaterSupporter", A Day Late & A Dollar Short proved to be one of the most complete musical experiences of the year 2009.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org