Record Label: Nature Sounds
Sold Out - $13.99
Experience an experiment turned masterpiece…NoYork! Los Angeles emcee Blu's oft-delayed masterpiece has been the talk of the internet for years, but has never seen a proper retail release. Now, the album will be released in deluxe CD and vinyl editions, available in stores everywhere on March 26th, 2013. While Blu has turned in a number of critically acclaimed projects lately, NoYork (also known as York) is his most ambitious project to date. Applying timeless vocals over detailed, textured instrumentals, Blu seems to have placed himself at the forefront of a new genre, melding classic hip-hop lyricism with the experimentation of the L.A. beat scene. With contributions from beat icons like Flying Lotus, Exile, Shafiq Husayn of Sa Ra,Daedalus, Dibia$e, and Samiyam, the album boasts a unique sonic backdrop that sets it apart from his previous work. NoYork also features appearances from Edan, U-God (Wu-Tang Clan), Pac Div, UNI, J*Davey, Nola Darling, and more.
1. Doin Nothin (ft. U-God) (prod. Flying Lotus)
2. Everything's OK (ft. Jack Davey) (prod. Flying Lotus)
3. Everybody Nose (ft. Sa Ra & Nola Darling) (prod. Samiyam)
4. Above Crenshaw (ft. Cashus King)
5. SLNGBNGrs (prod. Dibia$e)
6. Soupa (ft. Suzi Analogue) (prod. Samiyam)
7. Hours (prod. by Daedelus)
8. Annie Hall (ft. Chop, Brooker T, & Tiombe Lockhart) (prod. by Daedelus)
9. Tags (ft. Exile) (prod. Exile)
10. Spring Winter Summer Fall (ft. Jimetta Rose) (prod. Shafiq Husayn)
11. Down To Earth (prod. Shafiq Husayn)
12. My Sunshine (ft. Nia Andrews) (prod. Shafiq Husayn)
13. Jazmine (ft. Andy Allo) (prod. Samiyam) (Vinyl-Only Bonus)
14. Jazzmen (prod. Madlib) (Vinyl-Only Bonus)
15. Ronald Morgan (ft. Edan) (prod. Madlib) (Vinyl-Only Bonus)
16. Keep Pushinn (prod. Knxwledge)
17. Doin Somethin (ft. Pac Div, UNI, J*Davey, Tiron, & Ayomari) (prod. Flying Lotus)
The new single “The Return” taken from Blu’s latest full length Good To Be Home - featuring the non-album bonus track “Thriller” feat. Sene, Co$$, & Definite.
At long last, the instrumentals to Blu and Exile's modern classic Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them. Available for the very first time on vinyl.
Brookyn-based Hip-Hop indie, Coalmine Records, gets set for the limited edition 7-inch pressing of Blu’s “”Kiss the Sky”” single, produced by M-Phazes, b/w the Large Professor Remix, featuring DJ Revolution. The A-side version, originally released digitally in May of 2012, has been revered as one of Blu’s strongest solo effort singles to date, reminiscent of his sound akin to 2007’s, ‘Below the Heavens.’ This 7-inch is to be released in conjunction with Coalmine Records’ forthcoming compilation LP, ‘Remineded: A Collection of New & Old Remixes,’ and will be packaged with a free album download card of the compilation. “The title ‘Kiss The Sky’ is very defining to myself holding the name Blu…” -Blu
Sold Out - $13.99
Ever since he burst onto the scene in 2007 with the widely acclaimed Exile collaboration Below The Heavens, L.A. rapper Blu has been hailed as the most promising up-and-comer hip-hop has seen in years. With his cool L.A. demeanor and intricate lyrical musings, Blu blew a breath of fresh air into a stale SoCal hip-hop scene, leading hip-hop tastemakers like HipHopDX and XXL to name him one of the genre's top newcomers. After releasing further collaborations with Detroit's Ta'Raach and L.A. producer Mainframe, Blu attracted the attention of Warner Brothers, which will release his first major label album later this year. Lately, the internet has been buzzing about Her Favorite Colo(u)r, his unreleased debut EP. Initially available as a low-quality download from Blu's myspace, HFC is finally mixed and mastered, and will be in stores everywhere on April 19, 2011. With love-themed movie quotes drifting in and out and Blu's heartbreak raps sitting atop his own mellow production, HFC is the most distinct and cohesive project Blu has released to date.