Record Label: Coalmine Records
Brooklyn-based Indie Hip-Hop label Coalmine Records celebrates ten years of independence with their heavy hitting compilation album, 'Unearthed.' Released as a double disc set, containing both a mixed version, arranged by DJ Revolution of The World Famous Wake Up Show, and an 'Untagged Deluxe Edition,' which includes three bonus cuts, 'Unearthed' epitomizes the boutique label's commitment to delivering quality Hip-Hop. The tracklist serves as a who's who of today's independent Hip-Hop scene, packed with features from both veteran and burgeoning up-and-comers such as Pharoahe Monch, Kool G Rap, Large Professor, The Artifacts, Blu, Sean Price, Billy Danze (of M.O.P.), Big Noyd, One Dae, Skillz, Guilty Simpson, Rah DIgga, Maffew Ragazino, El Da Sensei, and Fashawn, among others. Producers tapped include the Australian Aria Award Winning M-Phazes, Marco Polo, Ayatollah, Diamond D, Nottz, Khrysis, and more.
Disc 1: Mixed by DJ Revolution
01: Unearthed (Intro)
02: Pharoahe Monch - Get Down (prod. by M-Phazes)
03: Bang This (Interlude)
04: One Dae - Bang This (prod. by Marco Polo)
05: Revolution's House (Interlude)
06: Big Noyd, Large Professor, Kool G Rap - Naturally Born (prod. by Ayatollah)
07: Blu (feat. MeLa Machinko) - Kiss The Sky (prod. by M-Phazes)
08: Royce da 5'9", Skillz & Diamond D - One For The Money (prod. by G-Squared)
09: El Da Sensei - Show Stoppa (prod. by DJ Devastate)
10: Apathy & Celph Titled - School for Scoundrels (prod. by Ayatollah)
11: Guilty Simpson & Small Professor (feat. DJ Revolution) - On The Run
12: Drop 'Em (Intro)
13: The Rockness Monstah - Drop 'Em (prod. by BeanOne)
14: Rah Digga (feat. Fashawn & REKS) - Never Back Down (prod. by M-Phazes)
15: Torae - Real Talk (prod. by Young Cee)
16: Guilty Simpson & Small Professor (feat. Boldy James & Statik Selektah) - I'm The City
17: The Artifacts - Easter (prod. by Khrysis)
18: Land of the Crooks (Interlude)
20: Sean Price, Billy Danze, Maffew Ragazino & DJ Babu - Land of the Crooks (prod. by M-Phazes)
21: Blu & Nottz (feat. Nitty Scott, MC) - Boyz II Men
21 Most Confident (Interlude)
22: Wildchild & MED - Most Confident (prod. by Create & Devastate)
Disc 2: Untagged Deluxe Edition
01. Intro (feat. DJ Revolution) [prod. by Young Cee]
02. Pharoahe Monch (feat. DJ Revolution) - Get Down (prod. by M-Phazes)
03. One Dae - Bang This (prod. By Marco Polo)
04. Big Noyd, Large Professor & Kool G Rap - Naturally Born (prod. by Ayatollah)
05. Blu (feat. MeLa Machinko) - Kiss the Sky (prod. by M-Phazes)
06. Royce da 5'9", Skillz & Diamond D - One for the Money (prod. by G-Squared)
07. El Da Sensei - Show Stoppa (prod. by DJ Devastate)03. Artifacts (feat. DJ Revolution) - Easter (prod. by Khrysis)
08. Apathy & Celph Titled - School for Scoundrels (prod. by Ayatollah)
09. Guilty Simpson (feat. DJ Revolution) - On the Run (prod. by Small Professor)
10. The Rockness Monstah - Drop 'Em (prod. by BeanOne)
11. Rah Digga (feat. Fashawn & REKS) - Never Back Down (prod. By M-Phazes)
12. Torae - Real Talk (prod. by Young Cee)
13. The Artifacts - Easter (prod. by Khrysis)
14. Sean Price (feat. Billy Danze, Maffew Ragazino & DJ Babu) - Land of the Crooks (prod. by. M-Phazes)
15. Blu & Nottz (feat. Nitty Scott, MC) - Boyz 2 Men (prod. by Nottz)
16. Wildchild & MED - Most Confident (prod. by Create & Devastate)
17. Royce da 5'9", Skillz & Diamond D - One for the Money (Mananz Remix)
18. Guilty Simpson & Small Professor - On The Run (Ran Reed Remix)
19. Rah Digga (feat. Nitty Scott, MC) - Never Back Down (Remix) [prod. by M-Phazes]
20. Blu & Nottz - Boyz II Men (Diamond D Remix)
Sudanese-American hip-hop artist Oddisee's new EP, “AlWasta,” takes its title from the Arabic colloquial term used to mean (to use colloquial English) “the plug.” The term “wasta” comes from the Arabic word “wasat,” meaning “middle” or “middleman,” and describes a member of the community who acts as a connector using their wealth of social currency. Understanding the value of social currency & how to use it (for better or worse) is what Amir Elkhalifa aka Oddisee focused on as the primary inspiration for his writings.
Remastered edition of the original album, plus seven impossible-to-find 12" mixes and liner notes by Aaron Kannowski With the 2015 release of the film Straight Outta Compton, we at Real Gone Music figured it was about time somebody revisited one of the landmark albums of West Coast rap, The D.O.C.’s No One Can Do It Better. The D.O.C. a.k.a. Tracy Lynn Curry was a behind-the-scenes contributor to some of the biggest and most hallowed rap releases ever, including Dr. Dre’s The Chronic, NWA’s Straight Outta Compton, Eazy-E’s Eazy-Duz-It, and Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle, and his Dr. Dre-produced debut record lived up to the braggadocio of its title by going platinum, spawning the #1 rap singles “It’s Funky Enough” and “The D.O.C. & The Doctor,” and being hailed by critics nationwide as one of the greatest hip-hop albums ever recorded. However, there has never been an updated reissue of the original 1989 CD, which, like most releases of the early CD era, doesn’t really do the music sonic justice. Real Gone Music’s Expanded Edition of this classic album adds seven impossible-to- find 12” single mixes to a remastered version of the original release, along with liner notes by Aaron Kannowski that feature quotes from The D.O.C. himself. No one really could do it better than The D.O.C. — now here’s a better (and longer…75 minutes!) edition of his career-making classic.
Originally released in 2009. For more than thirty years, Prince indefatigably attacked the bulwarks which separate funk, rock, pop and hip-hop. This is a deluxe gatefold release composed of two slabs of vinyl (Lotusflow3r and MPLSound also included on CDs) as well as a poster. "On LotusFlow3r Prince has a specific mission: showcasing his long-underrated guitar playing. Whether it's the spare funk of 'Wall of Berlin,' the metal grind of 'Dreamer' or the hazy cover of 'Crimson and Clover,' the music kicks into high gear when Prince starts soloing, delivering one epic face melter after another in a style halfway between David Gilmour's and Eddie Hazel's." Gavin Edwards (Rolling Stone, 2009)
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com