Record Label: Bang Ya Head Entertainment
Sold Out - $11.99
MED & Blu announced their new collab over Madlib beats with The Burgundy EP earlier this year. This November 26th we'll have the second EP - The Buzz featuring Mayer Hawthorne, b/w Peroxide featuring Dam-Funk.
This is the first time Stones Throw alumni Madlib, MED, Mayer & Dam have all appeared on the same record.
This 8-track vinyl EP released by Bang Ya Head & Fat Beats features a bonus beat, instrumentals, and an acappella. The cover is a bottle of booze with a label wrapped around it, design by Jeff Jank.
A1 – The Buzz feat. Mayer Hawthorne
A2 – The Buzz (Radio)
A3 – The Buzz (Instrumental)
A4 – God’s Arrival (Bonus Beat)
B1 – Peroxide feat. Dam Funk
B2 – Peroxide (Radio)
B3 – Peroxide (Instrumental)
B4 – Peroxide (A Cappella)
Sold Out - $16.99
Bang Ya Head celebrates its 10 Year Anniversary by bringing together some of Hip Hop's most promising artists for Bang Ya Head 4. Production from Dibia$e, Madlib and Oh-No etc., vocals by MED, Blu, Alchemist, and Elzhi, to name a few, deliver all bangers!!!!
Repress of Madlib's very limited, long out-of-print Raw Medicine/Black Tape LP, the 12th and 13th stops of the Medicine Show. Original artwork by Jeff Jank and Gustavo Eandi printed onto cardboard sleeves, rather than the first run's Hit+Run screenprinting. Created specially for the the 2011 Medicine Show Tour, this LP contains eleven tracks from Medicine Show #12: Raw Medicine on side A, ten tracks from Medicine Show #13: Black Tape on side B. No tracklisting provided.
Sold Out - $114.99
6 Double LPs plus an additional single LP housed in a slipcase featuring printed wraps designed by Jeff Jank mounted to a 80pt. chipboard shell Madlib Medicine Show is a series of album and mixtape releases by Madlib. This is the first time the Madlib Medicine Show “Brick” box set has been released on vinyl. The Brick contains seven albums with thirteen LPs, all of the originally-produced material by Madlib in the series. 1. Madlib Medicine Show #1: Before the Verdict. 17-tracks, combining new material and remixes2. Madlib Medicine Show #3: Beat Konducta in Africa. Inspired by and based on African records of the early 1970s – obscure & independent vinyl gems from afro-beat, funk, psych-rock, garage-rock & soul movements from Africa3. Madlib Medicine Show #5: History of the Loop Digga, 1990-2000. Madlib’s early years, 1990-2000, from beat cassettes produced for local rap crew Crate Digga’s Palace.4. Madlib Medicine Show #7: High Jazz. All new Madlib productions from his collective of jazz groups and musicians known as Yesterdays Universe.5. Madlib Medicine Show #9: Channel 85 Presents Nittyville. Loosely-based concept album around an obscure TV show, Nittyville, running on Channel 85. Full-length, 14 tracks.6. Madlib Medicine Show #11: Low Budget High Fi. Dirty Demos produced by Madlib, with The Professionals (Madlib+Oh No), MED, Strong Arm Steady, AG, Guilty Simpson, J. Rocc, Supreme Team (Madlib+Karriem Riggins), and Jaylib.7. Madlib Medicine Show #12 & 13: Filthy Ass Remixes. Part mixtape, part beat tape, featuring a host of un-suspecting collaborators that run the gamut from thugs, street poets, star emcees and underdogs. These are select tracks from Vol. 12 and 13 of the Medicine Show CD edition.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com