Record Label: Duck Down Music
Sold Out - $17.99
Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun have joined forces for a MONUMENTAL album. Pete Rock has provided the entire production on the album, as well as vocals on several key tracks including the title track, MONUMENTAL. The album features Bun B, Raekwon, Styles P, Sean Price, Buckshot, Black Rob, Freeway, Memphis Bleek, Rock of Heltah Skeltah, Hurricane G, Top Dog of Boot Camp Clik, and Jahdan of Noble Society.
A few years back 14KT gave out a free downloadable project called “14KillaTape”. Fast forward to the present, and Street Corner Music now presents a darker, retooled version... “14KillaTape: REDUX” brings you 5 tracks from the original incarnation, along with 7 brand new grimy treats. Cassettes available first with LPs coming next year.
The Content (L)abel is proud to present the latest project from London based DJ/Producer 2econd Class Citizen entitled “A Hall of Mirrors”. As the title suggests this project is a sonic journey into the world of perception. Fusing the analog and digital worlds, 2CC builds on his signature blend of psych/hip-hop and amplified folk that has been keeping listeners spellbound for years. A Hall of Mirrors” features various guests, some including singers Graciellita and Bobbie Watson, legendary Los Angeles Mc Myka 9 from the Freestyle Fellowship, The Herbaliser (Department H), Kenneth Winkler along with studio musicians recorded in Brighton, UK and Innsbruck, Austria. The cover art entitled “illusion” is inspired by the album title and was created by French neo-surreal collagist Albane Simon with typography alterations performed by Openmind (Ninja Tune).
Stones Throw Records is pleased to announce the release of 7 Days of Funk - Dam-Funk and Snoopzilla aka the legendary Snoop Dogg. The album is set for release December 10, 2013. "We're the babies of the Mothership," says Snoop. "I've had funk influences in my music my whole career. Dam-Funk is cold. He's keeping the funk alive and I knew I had to get down with him." The King of Modern Funk meets the smoked-out scion of G-Funk on the 7 Days of Funk album, where Snoop performs under the name Snoopzilla, the homage to the legendary funk master, Bootsy Collins, who often went by the moniker Bootzilla. After an initial chance meeting two years ago, Dam and Snoop began to collaboratev when Snoop invited Dam to perform with him at a 2011 SXSW show - the musical connection was inherent. "Snoop knew what I was thinking without me having to articulate it. That's how you know when you gel artistically with someone," Dam-Funk says. "These beats were made for him and he laid down some of the smoothest harmonies and melodies I've ever heard. It's hip-hop, but you can also hear what we grew up on, from Zapp to Evelyn 'Champagne' King and Patrice Rushen." As an entertainment icon, there is little Snoop hasn't accomplished. The Long Beach legend has sold over 30,000,000 albums, and received 15 Grammy® nominations, but at heart, the funk has inspired many tracks through his career. Growing up at the other end of L.A. was Pasadena's Dam-Funk. Since his 2009 debut, Toeachizown, the Stones Throw-signed visionary has defined modern funk music-this isn't a fad for him, it's a way of life. He's the new vanguard of a tradition encompassing George Clinton, Roger Troutman, Prince and Snoop Dogg himself, who helped pioneer G-Funk with Dr. Dre.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com