Record Label: 4AD
4AD are pleased to announce the release of Day of the Dead, a celebration of the Grateful Dead’s music. Day of the Dead was created and curated by brothers Aaron and Bryce Dessner of The National. The compilation is a wideranging tribute to the songwriting and experimentalism of the Dead which took four years to record, features over 60 artists from varied musical backgrounds, 59 tracks and is almost 6 hours long. All profits will help fight for AIDS/ HIV and related health issues around the world through the Red Hot Organization, a 501(c)3. This is the 20th album of original music produced by Red Hot to further its mission. Day of the Dead is the follow up to 2009’s Dark Was The Night (4AD), a 32track, multiartist compilation also produced by Aaron and Bryce for Red Hot. Dark Was The Night has raised over 1.5 million dollars for the organizations fighting AIDS to date.
“You’re cool, the engine’s hot, the girls gorgeous. A tankful of gas and an openroad…The rest is up to you!" Different Worlds Music Group/Fat Beats are thrilled to announce the release of the latest album from Skizz (DJ Skizz), “Cruise Control,” available everywhere on July 29th, 2016. Cruise Control is Skizz’s 2nd official producer album. Over the last couple years, Skizz has been working extensively with Your Old Droog, both producing and mixing his music, helping to propel the career of the young MC from Coney Island. He has also been touring with Droog as well as making beats for other noteworthy artists. Skizz has also been busy helping to start the new music label, Different Worlds Music Group. This will be the 2nd official release from Different Worlds. The label released Timeless Truth’s critically acclaimed “Cold Wave” album this past February. “Cruise Control is a progression for me sonically,” says Skizz. “This album takes you from where B.Q.E. left off- it’s still that raw boom-bap, but this album is a bit more laid-back and melodious. It just feels good, like you’re cruising with your lady and the cool breeze is blowing through your hair!”. Skizz recruited a mix of veteran OG MCs (O.C., Planet Asia, Roc Marciano, Evidence, etc) as well as upand- comers (Your Old Droog, Conway, Hus Kingpin, Da Villins,etc) to provide a sonically cohesive album that is set to be the official Hip-Hop soundtrack for the summer of ’16…
Based on the Irvine Welsh novel of the same name, the film version of 'Trainspotting' directed by Danny Boyle became a cult sensation. Focused on the heroin subculture of Edinburgh in the 1980s, the film is occupied with surrealism, black comedy and features a great soundtrack. This album includes tracks from Iggy Pop, New Order, Blur, Underworld and many more. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the iconic drama, the original soundtrack is being reissued on CD and vinyl. Having been out of print for a long time, the 180g vinyl features replica original artwork that includes special silver spot finishes throughout - front, back, booklet and picture labels, as well as bright pantones. There will be a limited run on orange vinyl before moving to black once sold out.
One of Prurient’s most captivating raids on the borderlands of power noise and symphonic doom rears its furious head once again for this epic gatefold reissue on Hospital Productions, 10 years on from its original release on double tape and then as a single vinyl pressing for the legendary Load Records in 2007. Pleasure Ground stands as a key part of Prurient’s golden quadrant alongside The History Of Aids (2002), Black Vase (2005) and Cocaine Death (2008), its immolating rage renders Fernow at an early crest of his energies, consolidating the hi-pitch intensity and bile of his idols, Whitehouse, with the majestic, meditative inspirations of Black Metal and a more personalised bloodlust for unheimlich synth tones and pulsating electronic undercurrents. Its four long tracks are riven with the paradoxes that make Prurient’s music so compelling and practically a genre unto itself, meting out a sound in Earthworks / Buried in Secret that’s simultaneously nerve-gnawing yet bleakly tender, or weighing up caustic harshness with a melodic vulnerability in Apple Tree Victim that appeals far beyond the bombed-out no mans land of pure noise to intersect with the entrails of EBM in the raging but poised thunder of Military Road - one of his finest moments, bar none - and coldwave pop and fetishistic synth themes in Outdoorsman/Indestructible. If you’re willing to bite down you will find a depth of bittersweet flavour submerged beneath the tidal waves of white noise filled with nuance and vulnerability, slowly dragging you into the abyss. Ultimately though, there’s no mistaking that in the end this album is just unflinchingly fucking heavy...
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org