Record Label: Mello Music Group
If The Analog Brothers didn’t exist, the weirdest scientist couldn’t have invented them. Or perhaps they never existed. Maybe it’s possible this was all a demonic 31st century hallucination cooked up by Kool Keith and cyborg alien pimps peddling flesh and white fluff acid.
But how else to explain the ultra-rare, ultra-magnetic artifact left behind: Pimp to Eat. Originally dropping from the skies in 2000, it’s being re-released by Mello Music Group, and remains the timeless mind-fuck that it was when it first emerged. It’s a laser beamed synthesized hieroglyphic that could sound timeless in any century or sonic dimension.
There are a few clear things amidst the craziness. The centerpiece of the record is Pimp Rex (AKA Rex Roland), the legendary Angeleno hustler, who did production for Body Count and the chorus on Ice-T’s “I’m Your Pusher.” He enlists his longtime collaborator Ice Oscillator (Ice-T), Keith Korg (Kool Keith), Marc Moog (Marc Live), and Black Silver (Silver Synth). These are the five fly horsemen of the apocalypse, the Analog Brothers delivering digital blows, oscillating sub-tones, and urinating out of windows.
According to Ice-T, the original masters of Pimp To Eat were delayed when Kool Keith’s vocals were stolen during the melee that followed the Indiana Pacers–Los Angeles Lakers NBA championship basketball game June 19, 2000 in Los Angeles. Who knows if this is true? Maybe Reggie Miller was the culprit?
All we really know comes from the abstractions assaulting our eardrums. Rex Roland’s tribute to the old analog sound, eerie synthesizers and pimp-slapping 808 drum machines. Ice-T and Kool Keith trade bars like a rap Scully and Mulder. In the first minutes, the erstwhile Dr. Octagon shouts out George Gervin, swap meets and the Ultimate Warrior.
On “Analog Technics,” the man better known as Black Elvis throws feces at celebrities at the Billboard Awards, sporting Superman underoos, and driving a lime green Corvette. On “More Freaks,” Keith sniffs 8 grams of coke in Calvin Klein boxer shorts, watching Wide World of Sports. While Ice-T panders with Motorola Pagers, eating Grand Slams and asking you to meet him at the back of Denny’s.
This is how it goes across 16 tracks of interstellar pimping. Out of the attics of the insane comes one of the most overlooked rap classics of its era, full of bizarre boasts, ice-cold and meteor-hard beats, and the best bad examples. You couldn’t say no even if you wanted to.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com