Record Label: Lakeshore Records
Black Mirror is a sci-fi anthology series that explores a twisted, high-tech near-future where humanity’s greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide. The series, which debuted in the UK in 2011, with a second season airing in 2013, developed a cult following both in the UK and, through streaming on Netflix, in the US. On October 21, 2016 Netflix debuted the six-episode third season. This season featured an amazing array composers including Max Richter (Nosedive), Bear McCreary (Nosedive), Alex Heffes (Shut Up and Dance), Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow (Men Against Fire), and Martin Phipps (Hated In The Nation).
Composed by Clint Mansell, the fourth episode, San Junipero, takes place in a seaside town in 1987. A shy young woman and an outgoing party girl strike up a powerful bond that seems to defy the laws of space and time.
As front man of Pop Will Eat Itself, Clint Mansell released seven albums between 1987 & 1996, and notched up 11 Top 40 hits. The band splintered at their peak to pursue various side projects. A chance introduction to Darren Aronofsky in NYC led to Clint's film score debut, the acclaimed independent movie, PI (1998). This director-composer union continued with Aronofsky's ambitious follow-up, Requiem For A Dream (2000). Mansell's unique approach to composing combined with the success and acclaim of these scores quickly made him an in-demand composer, and prompted his move to Los Angeles. Mansell's creation of the soundtrack for Aronofsky's third film, The Fountain (2006) earned him his first Golden Globe Nomination (Best Original Score). Reuniting with Kronos Quartet and bringing in Scottish post-rockers Mogwai, it was also the work that received two awards at 2007's World Soundtrack Awards (Best Original Score & Public Choice Award), among other plaudits.
In addition to his long standing director/composer collaboration with Aronofsky, Mansell has kept his options broad - seeking out projects from dark independent movies to more mainstream affairs such as Smoking' Aces (2007) and Sahara (2005), Doom (2005) and Definitely Maybe (2008). On the other side of the spectrum, Clint provided the score for Duncan Jones’ award winning directorial debut Moon (2009) and Massy Tadjedin's Last Night (2010). Filth (2013), the film adaptation of Irvine Welsh's novel, directed by Jon S Baird, starring James McAvoy was also scored by Mansell. Most recently Clint has completed the score for Ben Wheatley’s take on J G Ballard’s High Rise, which premiered at Toronto International Film Festival was released in early 2016.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org