Record Label: Alpha Pup Records
With a path spent traversing between self-illumination and inner turmoil, Gypsy Mamba continues to persevere forward. He is one of California’s most raw and uncompromising electronic artists and rips open new portals of energy during his live performances. Signing with Alpha Pup Records last year for the release of Da Feenux, Gypsy Mamba will soon launch out of the gates with his sophomore record Magnetic Syndromes. Gypsy Mamba has crafted his most dynamic and personal record to date.
As the title suggests, Magnetic Syndromes is the sonic description of a life filled with unpredictable changes, carved out from the lens intensive view of Gypsy Mamba’s life. It can also be seen outside of the artist, defining the inner conflicts many conquer in their lifetime. Gypsy Mamba finds a battleground between the darkness and the light in Magnetic Syndromes. A unique music environment where tracks fluctuate between the frenetic and the subdued. It’s all pulled off with a wild array of colors and rhythms that can’t be associated to any other artist.
Looking at the new album in context of his career and Magnetic Syndromes can be broken down into a system of trial and error. A level of truth Gypsy Mamba accumulated as he interacted with the people helping to bring his music to the masses and the support that has followed thereafter.
Gypsy Mamba further explains, “When creating my debut full-length, I learned a lot about myself in a sense because as the tracks were being finished I was dealing with a lot of my own depression issues. I found that as I kept finishing tracks and developing the artwork for this album, a lot of the feelings I couldn’t control or regulate started regulating themselves. I definitely feel my current good mood is attributed to the completion of this album and the support of the Alpha Pup team. If I learned anything, it’s how important music and the community is to my personal well being. I also opened myself to more ambient tunes on the album which is something I haven't really done in the past. It’s a side of music creation I love, so I'll be incorporating more of that into further projects and will continue to evolve the direction of the Gypsy Mamba sound.”
Following the release of Da Feenux last year, recordings for Magnetic Syndromes took place immediately at Gypsy Mamba’s home studio. Makan of Bür Gür and Kelley Mak add vocal treatment, giving the record an undeniable transformation that his music has never seen before. The LP showcases a more complex side to Gypsy Mamba’s usual approach, infusing Reason 8 and their built-in VST’s that’s a fresh take on the popular music technology. On a handful of the tracks, synth solo’s flare well outside of the base and find home in a more lyrical terrain, projecting the soul of Gypsy Mamba in a way that takes the music to new worlds. The tracks move in and out of bass heavy club anthems to thought provoking ambient pop pieces. The energy is constantly morphing, retracting and expanding, much like the process Gypsy took on purging many areas of his life to find true happiness.
Gypsy Mamba has found a new home base of composition approach with Magnetic Syndromes. Mixing / mastering was completed by labelhead Daddy Kev in fall 2016 and it marks his second release with Alpha Pup Records.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org