Record Label: Icewater Records
Corey Woods aka Raekwon The Chef, aka Lex Diamonds, aka Shallah, Raekwon has been a staple in the Entertainment industry since his debut in 1993 as an integral part in undeniably one of the greatest Hip-Hop groups to date, the legendary Wu-Tang Clan. Rae's verbal ability took center stage early in the original cult classic "Protect Ya Neck", but little did the world know as we bopped our heads in unison to the mesmerizing Wu-Tang catalog, that we were merely indulging in delicious appetizers delivered by Rae. It wasn't until 1995, when Raekwon The Chef emerged from the kitchen and invited the Hip-Hop faithful into his personal chamber and the world was privileged to partake in the perfectly sautéed full course meal cooked by the Chef himself culminating with the album that changed the game as we knew it...
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is a Hip-Hop classic that would serve as binoculars for not only how the general public would view Hip-Hop artists, but also and more importantly, how Hip-Hop artists would view themselves Raekwon has influenced many of the Hip-Hop aficionado's such as Wyclef, Outkast, The Game, Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, The Lox and the late great Big Pun. Never before had the game seen the flashy swagger, coupled with the Mafioso undertones that so eloquently fit, along with the use of numerous aliases by an artist, the unprecedented skits, the Staten Island slang and the verbal techniques that Raekwon The Chef so effortlessly demonstrated in the Platinum classic album that would withstand the test of time. By possessing these rare qualities and Iron Chef credentials, the Brooklyn born "Shaolin" bred MC became one of the most versatile Hip- Hop artists that the industry has ever seen and considered by many as one of the Greatest MC's Of All Time. Much like the career of one of his favorite artists, Marvin Gaye, Raekwon not only appeals to the male dominated street community but he also possesses the unique ability to attract a huge female following. The hoods all across America have been craving for it, the streets have been starving, and now the country is famished for the release of Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang.
With years of valuable experience from working alongside some of the most influential figures in the recording industry to date, Raekwon is ready to navigate his ship with the formation of his record label, IceH20 records and reemerge his urban flair to the masses with the aforementioned blockbuster. This Shaolin Island legendary flamethrower, gave fans something to chow on with the `09 release of the Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 ("The Purple Tape") and his lyrical recipe has been groomed to make his presence felt Worldwide. This lyrical juggernaut has been marinating and is now ready to assume the throne and his rightful position as the flashy Don of Dons and Hip-Hop ambassador in the entertainment industry. The album features cameos from many industry heavyweights such as The Wu-Tang Clan, Rick Ross, Raheem Devaughn, Jim Jones, Black Thought, and many others. Blazing tracks from the who's who of extraordinary Hip-Hop producers such as the Eric Sermon, DJ Khalil, Scram Jones, Havoc, Kenny Dope, Allah Mathematics and Alchemist, layered with Raekwon's melodic flows, thought provoking visual content and street orientated delivery. "He promised it. The fans demanded it. And, now it's finally here! Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang, the long awaited concept album from Raekwon the Chef. Back with the gritty tales from the street that have made him a hip hop legend, Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang captures Raekwon at the top of his lyrical game. The album includes tracks such as: "Molasses" featuring Rick Ross, "Rich and Black feat. Nas, "Last Trip to Scotland" feat Lloyd Banks and many more. Having enjoyed unparalleled comeback success with the 2009 release of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2, Raekwon is back again to give the fans exactly what he promised them. And, they won't be disappointed."
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org