Record Label: Liquidator Music
Two summers ago, Roy and Yvonne got together on a stage again after 45 years dedicated to their personal lives away from their artistic careers. Promoter and producer Mark Morales and Wally Caro, from Los Angeles, were responsible for bringing Roy and Yvonne back to where they belong, the stage, at an intimate and emotional concert enjoyed by about a hundred people. During the following months and until today, Roy and Yvonne continued what destiny had written out for them since the day they were born: continue their musical legacy worldwide. Roy and Yvonne have consolidated themselves as generational musicians, able to adapt to changing times without forgetting the roots or their music. They continue to please their audiences here and there, often more committed and respectful than their fellow islanders. No one is a prophet in his own land.
Speaking of the album, ‘Moving On’ invites us to dive deep into the great sounds of Ska and Rocksteady music. For this occasion, Roy and Yvonne worked with some fabulous studio musicians under the direction of Teddy Garcia in Washington DC. Mixed by the renowned producer Mike Mariconda, you can enjoy eight covers and two original songs on this album that the artists have carefully selected for your listening pleasure. The songs stand out for their intriguing composition and arrangements adapted to Jamaican rhythms. Our time travel commences with the first sounds in the album. The opener shuffle ‘Surely I Love You’ is followed by ‘My Baby’ and ‘Ooh La La’. ‘My Jealous Eyes’ gives way to the lovely rocksteady ‘Someday’. ‘You Brought Me Back To Life’ is another great Rocksteady track sung by Yvonne Harrison. The two original songs ‘Moving On’ and ‘You Say No’ deserve a special mention, with the former being the name giver to the album. After this journey through different grooves, Mr. Panton waves goodbye with the fearless reggae rhythm ‘I Dig You Baby’, he did not have much opportunity to highlight this style in his career, but it shows once again the courage, passion and dedication with which he continues to exceed his fans’ expectations with new and danceable rhythms.
‘Moving On’ is a talisman that will surely bring more and new success to Roy and Yvonne. You hold in your hands the first studio album recorded by the duo throughout their career. And from this day, it has already become a classic and a collector’s item.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org