Preview our Record Store Day 2017 selections below!
Limited copies of the below will be able for purchase just after Record Store Day, this Saturday April 22nd. To be notified as soon as an title you're interested in is available, click on the item and sign up for a notification -- we'll shoot you an e-mail the second it's available!
Sold Out - $24.99
Sean Price fans anticipated this album for 5 years. Mic Tyson debuted at number 58 on the Billboard 200 and was Prices’ highest charting solo album, as well as his first to chart in the top 100 since Magnum Force with Heltah Sketlah in 1998. Mic Tyson features production from The Alchemist (5 songs), 9th Wonder, Evidence, Team Demo, Beat Butcher, Khrysis & more. The cover artwork was illustrated by Marc Ecko’s lead designer, who also created the cover art for Monkey Barz. Sean Price tragically passed away in August, 2015 at the age of 43. Sean was a popular rapper, hailing from Brooklyn, NY. He was celebrated for his work as ½ of the group, Heltah Skeltah, and 1/8 of the supergroup, Boot Camp Clik. However, his solo albums were what truly set him apart.
Sold Out - $19.99
Sean Price is aka Ruck, 1/2 of the successful rap group Heltah Skeltah, and one of the lead and most popular rappers from the mighty Boot Camp Clik. In 2005 Sean Price released his first solo album Monkey Barz which earned him critical acclaim, and independent album and artist of the year honors from the Source Magazine and AllHipHop.com. Here in his sophomore follow up, Sean P ups the antee by combining his distinctive eccentric style and flow along with comedic religious references to God and Jesus, in only a way Sean P can.
Sold Out - $19.99
Both Hip-Hop and Boot Camp Click purists alike have long recognized and appreciated Sean’s commanding delivery, powerful voice and clever verses (exemplified by Monkey Barz playful leadsingle Onion Head). With Ayatollah, Agallah, 9th Wonder, Nottz, & Khrysis contributing beats as well as guest appearances from the Boot Camp Click’s core members (Black Moon’s Buckshot & 5FT, Smif N Wesson’s Tek & Steele, O.G.C.’s Louieville Sluggah and Starang Wondah, Rustee Juxx and Sean’s Heltah Skeltah cohort Rock makes two cameo’s) the BCC collective was fully in-tact and operational for Sean Price’s 2005 solo-debut. Monkey Barz was named Independent Album of the Year by AllHipHop.com and was the first release from Duck Down Records 2005 “Triple Threat Campaign”, followed by Buckshot & 9th Wonder’s Chemistry, and Smif-N-Wessun’s Smif ‘N’ Wessun: Reloaded, with many believing it was the most acclaimed of the three.
Sold Out - $34.99
Sold Out - $29.99
Sold Out - $24.99
Sold Out - $31.99
Sold Out - $94.99
Sold Out - $28.99
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org