Gatefold double LP with matte and gold foil packaging, download card, and silkscreen D-side. When most fans think of Mac Miller, the first thing that comes to mind is his seminal work Best Day Ever, its recognizable artwork, or its most popular track: “Donald Trump.” Remastered and featuring deluxe packaging, Best Day Ever is receiving a commercial release on vinyl and CD for the very first time.
Sold Out - $17.99
Rostrum Records presents this 2LP version of Pittsburgh-based rapper Mac Miller's 2011 throwback style debut Blue Slide Park, an album that entered the Billboard Charts at #1, the first independently-distributed release to do so since 1995. Featuring production from fellow hometown team ID Labs along with Ritz Reynolds and Clams Casino, and boasting the successful singles "Frick Park Market," "Party on Fifth Ave" and "Smile Back." In a blossoming hip-hop hotbed of talent, Malcolm “Mac Miller” McCormick has arrived as the latest superstar out of Pittsburgh, PA. A graduate of Taylor Allderdice High School, Mac caught the eyes and ears of Rostrum Records, inking a deal in July 2010. A multi-talented musician who can play numerous instruments and a young novice of the freestyle/cipher/battle circuit of his hometown, Mac paved his way to superstardom in his blue-collar hometown for years. Born in 1992, Mac taught himself to play piano, drums, guitar, and bass by the age of 6. Then, after learning to compose songs in a variety of musical genres, he began studying the art of rhyme. Influenced by the styles of artists such as Big L, Lauryn Hill, Outkast, and A Tribe Called Quest, Mac soon developed a reputation for delivering jaw-dropping freestyles in Pittsburgh. Recording his first songs in the Fall of 2007, Mac went on to form a duo called The Ill Spoken. By 2009, Mac began recording solo records. During this time he released “The Jukebox” and “The High Life” and began to generate a legitimate buzz in the streets and online. By of July 2010, Mac’s buzz became undeniable. With a handful of offers on the table, the young phenom decided to sign with independent powerhouse Rostrum Records. In August 2010, Mac released his Rostrum debut K.I.D.S. and took the internet and music industry by storm. Billboard called Mac “The new blueprint of success in the music industry,” while CNN labeled Mac having “a buzz comparable to The Beatles.” Mac was also featured on the cover of XXL Magazine’s coveted Top Freshman list. The Washington Post said “Miller’s skillful rhymes, humorous themes and upbeat demeanor are catching the nation by storm.” Complex Magazine called Miller “The Steel City’s newest rap poster boy.” while the Source Magazine placed him on their cover hailing Miller as “a dominant independent force who is here to stay.” The New York Times praised Mac’s attention to his fans by claiming “Miller’s early plan to give away free music has paid off in big ways.” Rolling Stone praised his progress saying “Mac’s new music is another positive step in his long stylistic evolution.” Mac’s selling potential was also immediately apparent as his debut Rostrum EP, On and On and Beyond, sold over 125,000 copies digitally alone. Mac has now sold over 4.5 million singles total with little to no radio airplay. In November of 2011, Mac continued his surge of success by becoming the first independent artist since 1995 to debut atop the Billboard Charts with Blue Slide Park.
Sold Out - $26.99
Pittsburgh's Mac Miller has bloomed into an independent hip-hop star, and his follow-up to Blue Slide Park calls in favors from his new high-profile pals. Production comes courtesy of Pharrell Williams, Diplo, and leftfield beatsmiths Flying Lotus and Clams Casino, while Odd Future rabble-rousers Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler, The Creator come through with vocal assists.
© 2017 Fat Beats | 8920 Eton Ave. Canoga Park, CA 91304
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org