Sold Out - $20.99
Bundle of volumes one and two of Vingthor The Hurler's "Low Budget/LoFi Series" on gorgeous, two-tone color-shell cassettes! Both tapes include download cards. Beautiful 2 tone (yellow/clear and turquoise/clear) cassette shells with white imprint, full color J-card and clear Norelco box.Entirely produced by Vingthor the Hurler with scratches & blends by Kai Allen X aka DJ MVP. This 39 minute continuous blend of beats uses all drums and samples exclusively from vinyl using the BOSS SP-505 and a portable turntable. Artwork by Monsterism.
Beautiful 2 tone (turquoise/clear) cassette shell with white imprint, full color J-card and clear Norelco box.Entirely produced by Vingthor the Hurler with scratches & blends by Kai Allen X aka DJ MVP. This 39 minute continuous blend of beats uses all drums and samples exclusively from vinyl using the BOSS SP-505 and a portable turntable. Artwork by Monsterism.
Beautiful 2 tone (yellow swirl/clear) cassette shell with white imprint, full color J-card and clear Norelco box.Entirely produced by Vingthor the Hurler with scratches & blends by Kai Allen X aka DJ MVP. This 39 minute continuous blend of beats uses all drums and samples exclusively from vinyl using the BOSS SP-505 and a portable turntable. Artwork by Monsterism.
Sold Out - $12.99
C-44 min ferric tape in red "Elmo", blue "Cookie Monster", green "Oscar the Grouch" and yellow "Big Bird cassette shells (pick your favorite one!), with a beautiful custom cardboard box printed on both sides, inside hand-drawn artwork by Keon Ching (Vingthor's 6 years old son), outside artwork comes with wiggly eyes, every cassette comes with free stickers! A Day on Sesame Street... This tape takes you on audio journey through a day in the lives of the residents of Sesame Street. You start your journey by waking up with Bob Johnson, having breakfast with Cookie Monster, housekeeping with Bert and Ernie, eating lunch with Big Bird, counting with Farley, after spending time at the playground its time to take a nap, dancing with Big Bird, bath time with Ernie, and then it's finally time to go to bed. You even find out that the residents of Sesame Street are fans of Wu-Tang. This is the type of album that can be enjoyed by both adults and children. It's the nostalgia of your childhood with the hip-hop beats that you have grown to enjoy. This is a tape that you can easily share with your children without having to worry about the content of the music. Vingthor is one of the few artists that puts this much time and energy into each of his releases. This release is a great example of his work ethic. All the drums heard on this album were sampled exclusively from a variety of tapes. All of the Sesame Street samples are taken directly from vinyl records. Everything that can be heard on this album was sampled, chopped, and sequenced on a Roland SP-606. Then all of tracks were mixed on a Tascam PortaStudio 424 MKII to give it that great analog sound. All of the tracks were bounced to Protools LE Ver. 8.0.5 and for final touches the tracks were mastered using Logic Pro X. Not only did Vingthor put this much effort into the making of the beats, he also puts a ton of effort into the presentation of the tape that you will receive. He designs the tape labels and j-cards himself. Once he received the tape cases and boxes from the manufacturer he then records the tapes and packages everything on his own. His attention to detail is even carried over into the color of the cassette casings. This release comes in four different colors: red, yellow, blue, and green. Each of these colors were chosen because they correspond to the color of characters on Sesame Street. Red is Elmo, Yellow is Big Bird, Blue is Cookie Monster, and Green is Oscar the Grouch. He is the epitome of DIY and puts a great amount of care into every tape that he makes. So, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of this tape, you will not be disappointed. We highly recommend this album to anyone that is a true hip-hop head and wants to reminiscence about something that they know and love from their childhood. Vingthor is for the children.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com