Sold Out - $8.99
Austin Boogie Crew is thrilled to announce the anticipated second release on their label, coming courtesy of California’s own Brian Ellis. Here Brian offers two killer modern funk jams available exclusively on this 7” record! “Peg” is an all-synthesizer cover of the classic Steely Dan original complete with slick vocoder. “Dream Wave” is an uptempo banger with spacey synths and a 16-bit vibe.
The party don’t stop as production duo Computa Games continue the ABC tradition, delivering a choice modern funk two-sider on the newest 45 release from Austin Boogie Crew Records! Coming by way of New Orleans and San Francisco respectively, Computa Games members Quickie Mart and Kung Fu Chris make unique, heavy hitting tracks fit for any party. They showcase their affinity for the boogie sound on this exclusive 7” vinyl release one that’s Sweater Funk approved!
The first international release on Austin Boogie Crew Records comes courtesy of Swedish producer Lowmac! Heavily influenced by West Coast hip-hop artists in his youth, Lowmac draws upon the G-Funk sound in his dynamic boogie and modern funk music. On his first-ever vinyl release, Lowmac offers two slices of future funk goodness on this bangin’ ABC 45! “Ride Wit It” is a party starting banger with an infectious lead, driving handclaps, and an array of synths that weave in and out of the track’s steady groove. “Late Nights” is the perfect cruising jam, carried by a smooth bassline and G-Funk synths. Imagine bright neon lights and good times.
Back by popular demand! Austin Boogie Crew presents another limited run of the record that started it all in a new lime green shade! This 7” is a heavy instrumental two-sider from Austin’s own Solar Shield. “Reesis” is an electronic boogie-funk banger. “Beeturia” is equal parts beach boogie and jazz-fusion, propelled by the virtuosic soloing of Solar Shield producer Chris McDowell.
Sold Out - $9.99
The fourth release on Austin Boogie Crew Records is one we couldn’t be more excited to roll out: an undeniable 45 from none other than Starship Connection! Representing San Francisco, Starship members B.Bravo & Teeko have been leading the scene for years with their unique brand of modern and hiphop infused funk. With their first appearance on ABC, the duo offers two complimentary jams... A: “Heartbreaker” (105 BPM) An amazing modern funk cover of the Zapp & Roger original. Driven by talkbox harmonies, cracking drums, thumping bass, and slick halftime break downs, Starship puts their signature twist on a classic. B: “Do It 4 U” (102 BPM) A sweet and sultry midtempo stepper exclusive to this 45! The duo chills things out on this one, offering declarations of love and devotion on the talkbox over a killer groove.
© 2017 Fat Beats | 8920 Eton Ave. Canoga Park, CA 91304
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org