Sold Out - $11.99 $14.99
Once again indie hiphop staple DJ JS-1 has produced a classic full length album. 'NO SELLOUT' features 21 new songs produced by JS-1 featuring legends and veterans such as: KRS-ONE, PHAROAHE MONCH, CANIBUS, LARGE PROFESSOR, RAHZEL, KOOL KEITH & CED GEE (ULTRAMAGNETIC MCs), SEAN PRICE, ILL BILL, CRAIG G, EMC (MASTA ACE, PUNCHLINE, WORDSWORTH, STRICK), EDO G, RAKAA, VINNIE PAZ, C RAYZ WALZ, KILLAH PRIEST, AESOP ROCK, AG, PMD, BLAQ POET, BIG NOYD, TERMANOLOGY, CL SMOOTH, SADAT X, BROTHER ALI, VAST AIRE, SLAINE, KRONDON, AKROBATIK, J-LIVE, JAK D, CHINO XL, DJ PREMIER and more. It's not only having these artists featured, it's having them paired properly creating collaborations that have been long over-due or never done before. For instance, having OC & Pharoahe Monch on a song together again, or pairing KRS & Canibus, or getting Ultramagnetic MC's (BOTH Kool Keith & Ced Gee on song with Prince Po & Canibus!) That is something for the REAL collector's who actually hunt & buy music. The Queens Bridge posse cut, On The Map with Craig G, Blaq Poet, Big Noyd, and other concept songs like EMC's, I Knew A Girl and Original G'z with AG, Craig G, & Edo G are what keeps the people coming back for more. The combinations of both east coast & west coast rappers from various eras of hiphop mixed with JS-1's beats and scratch hooks is an undeniable treat for any hiphop fanatic. There is also live guitar, horns and keyboards on several tracks for real music lovers. There is no filler. DJ JS-1's 'NO SELLOUT' album is 21 tracks featuring over 40 rappers and is 79 minutes long!!! This stays in line with JS-1 & Ground Original's tradition of bringing quality material, from his first 12" release, ESSENTIALS with KRS & RAHZEL to his series of SCRATCH ROULETTE break records and more recent songs like Audio Technician with Immortal Technique. Keeping up with the times and recognizing the need for people to have access to MP3's and DJs now using digital DJ programs like Serato, this album will come with a data-disc containing MP3's of all the versions (DIRTY, CLEAN, INSTRUMENTAL, ACAPELLA). Even the double-vinyl will contain a data-disc. Along with producing tons of new music each year, JS-1 maintains a very busy touring schedule, touring around the world constantly with DJs such as MixMaster Mike from the Beastie Boys, DJ Premier, Q-Bert, Z-Trip, etc.. he will be touring promoting this album. Once again, another classic album from Rock Steady Crew's DJ JS-1.
A limited pressing from the creator of the scratch roulette series... A collection of sound FX, phrases & noises now on 45... Caution: Not for the weak-wristed!
Back in Stock!!! Here's what you've been waiting for: A battle record without "boring, redundant, looped beats;" "Only scratch sounds and phrases on both sides." Loaded with all of the standard fare, plus plenty of bits you haven't heard before, giving you more different ways to call out rival crews as the bitches and suckaz they are. Not for the weak-wristed, punk.
The best-selling record dedicated exclusively to Scratch noises and effects is back with a second volume, and not a moment too soon.
Turn The Tables featuring OC is taken from JS1’s upcoming album “It Is What It Isn’t.” This limited 7” features OC giving his ode to the DJ and comes with an exclusive Acapella on Side B.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com