The Freak's Brew LP underlies an amazing mixture, consisting of own and other substances. Their mixing ratio is not controllable. Occasionally it penetrates through their channels to the surface and distributed irregularly. If then you find yourself in the vicinity, initially sharpens your gaze inward.After deeper influence the mixture starts to form new within yourself. Now needs to find its way and the sequence starts anew.
IMYRMIND’s debut album Uniwersum Luxus surfaces at record stores worldwide courtesy of Berlin-based Money $ex Records. Idiosyncrasies of both IMYRMIND himself, and indeed the label as a whole, seep through the fabric of the album; a patchwork of tasteful re-appropriation and sophisticated originality. Covering a broad landscape of raw, gutsy minimalism, mesmeric synthwork and trademark ultra-loose beat-making, IMYRMIND has crafted a record that embodies his rapacious ear and well-groomed production style. In a maturation of techniques explored across earlier releases, borrowed organic textures meet frazzled analogue electronics and clunky, lagging beat iterations in a collection of tracks ranging from the quivering to the aggressive. Uniwersum Luxus is a bright convergence of influence and innovation, all reverberating within the echo chamber of the Money $ex world; self-aware, playful, and at times even ironic. IMYRMIND is the pseudonym of David Wegner, 29 year old Bochumborn Berlin resident and Money $ex family member. With early releases on Tartelet, Odd Socks and Box Aus Holz, IMYRMIND’s debut album drops via home label, Money $ex Records.
Sold Out - $23.99
Money $ex Records is the collaborative venture between Max Graef, Glenn Astro & Delfonic. The Berlin-based label’s exploits showcase a crooked blend of influence and originality, with releases from the likes of Christopher Rau, Knowsum, Gerry Franke, IMYRMIND, Alex Seidel, Hodini and Kickflip Mike, as well as its founders. The label’s focus is on artist releases. LPs as well as EPs, exploring everything from Electronic Funk to Psychedelic Jazz and Contemporary Dance Music thrown in for good measure.
Sold Out - $24.99
New Band Name, new LP; The former Max Graef Band toured and worked on new music all year. Musical progress, and the impression of not enough edge and rawness in a lot of recent music, inspired and motivated a majority of the recording. The band has grown as a unit and wrote a lot of material together this year in late night sessions. During 2 weeks of recording the new songs in the studio the goal was to try all sorts of instruments, amps and effects and be open to any combination of sounds. Furthermore, they and engineer Lutz Fahrenkrog-Petersen tried to capture and maintain the raw feeling of the live recordings using almost exclusively analog pedals and racks as well as keeping the editing of the recordings to a minimum. Although Bands like Et Cetera (Wolfgang Dauner), Embryo or Xhol have heavily infuenced Max Graef and his band, the result turned out very original ranging from Distorted Jazz-Rock to Experimental Soul, Electronic Percussion Workouts to Free Sound Experiments and Psychedelic Rock. With some tracks being around 14 minutes long, it is better to let the music speak for itself though.
© 2017 Fat Beats | 8920 Eton Ave. Canoga Park, CA 91304
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com