Sold Out - $11.99
"Avocado Hi" is a collection of beats that Calvin Valentine has accumulated over span of 2013 and 2015 which he ultimately decided to include in a singular project. He called upon turntablist DJ Celsius to provide scratches, added film dialogue at key points to make it a concise project that enlisted the aid of EYRST and Producers I Know to bring it to fruition with visuals and a platform to present his vision to the public.“Avocado Hi” is an invitation to get in on the ground floor before Calvin Valentine stock goes way up.
Sold Out - $10.99
This is the earth-shattering new beat tape from Producers I Know’s new recruit Foul Mouth. “Soul Louis” was made to both commemorate and acknowledge the soul and resiliency of the Motor City as well as celebrate its rich musical history. After pressing play on this cassette and taking this 20 beat 44 minute aural expedition there’s no chance of the name Foul Mouth fading away from your memories afterwards. DON’T SLEEP!
Limited to 100 cassettes! Foul Mouth season has returned! “Winner Takes All” is the highly anticipated follow up to last year’s PIK beat tape “Soul Louis.” This is a continuation of the head nodding, face scrunching soul infused production Foul Mouth has become known for and includes15 slaps containing Soul/R&B sources, hard drums & ill transitions. Don’t sleep!
“Claws That Catch” consists of 10 compositions from producer/ musician Jaws That Bites. The title is a literary reference, specifically to the poem “Jabberwocky” by Lewis Carroll. This project was envisioned as a cross between a film score and the music that accompanies dramatic readings, It was sequenced specifically to tell a story in two parts (Side A & Side B). Do like track 7 says.
Limited to 100 cassettes! The Formula” is conceived as the score/soundtrack to an international spy film utilizing sample sources from international music. “The Formula” tells a story of murder, lies, deceit, espionage, terror and mystery over 18 tracks.It’s an action packed, thrill a minute, must hear audio adventure by Newstalgia. “The Formula”, playing in headphones and out of aux cords everywhere. Don’t sleep.
Sold Out - $10.99
Limited to 100 cassettes. Nolan The Ninja’s debut Producers I Know beat tape “lo-fi loops.” pays homage to the gritty beat tapes made on cassette throughout the late 80’s to the late 90’s which were played in car stereos and walkmans all while representing a new generation of producers and beatmakers who listen to these same style of grimy, lo fi beats in mp3’s or WAV formats on handheld devices streamed or streamed on Bandcamp & Soundcloud. ”lo-fi l∞ps.” represents the intersection of the past and the present day while being focused on pushing things forward well into the future. 10 slaps. 33 minutes of pure, raw, uncut, instantaneous headnod inducing instrumental Hip Hop. All sleepers must awaken.
Limited to 100 cassettes! Peace Of Mind’s “Drum Addict” is his long awaited return to form and his re-dedication to his art and his first love of making music. Over 22 tracks, he crafts yet another monstrous opus full of tracks you’ll put on repeat that will have heads nodding and faces scrunched up worldwide. Don’t sleep.
Sold Out - $11.99
Look out for Pig Pen’s debut beat tape on Producers I Know. “Incredibly Illegal” is a 15 track epic that serves as a score to the happenings in the underbelly of every major city at night. Crime and the illegal activities that often lead to violence such as drug trafficking, gambling, robbery & the deception involved with chasing the almighty dollar. “Incredibly Illegal” is inspired by the scores of films like “Odds Against Tomorrow”, “The Pawnbroker” & “The Cool World”.
Grab all three of the new PIK tapes at a discounted price! All three limited to 100 cassettes. Don't sleep! Foul Mouth - Winner Takes All Foul Mouth season has returned! “Winner Takes All” is the highly anticipated follow up to last year’s PIK beat tape “Soul Louis.” This is a continuation of the head nodding, face scrunching soul infused production Foul Mouth has become known for and includes 15 slaps containing Soul/R&B sources, hard drums & ill transitions. Peace Of Mind - Drum Addict Peace Of Mind’s “Drum Addict” is his long awaited return to form and his re-dedication to his art and his first love of making music. Over 22 tracks, he crafts yet another monstrous opus full of tracks you’ll put on repeat that will have heads nodding and faces scrunched up worldwide. Newstalgia - The Formula The Formula” is conceived as the score/soundtrack to an international spy film utilizing sample sources from international music. “The Formula” tells a story of murder, lies, deceit, espionage, terror and mystery over 18 tracks.It’s an action packed, thrill a minute, must hear audio adventure by Newstalgia. “The Formula”, playing in headphones and out of aux cords everywhere.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com