Los Angeles hip hop group The Kleenrz (Self Jupiter of Freestyle Fellowship and Kenny Segal of TeamSupreme) are back with their sophomore release Season Two. The Kleenrzs have put together another record that falls in the dark film noir setting of their debut, constructed with an uncompromising lens over Los Angeles culture. The Kleenrz will release Season Two on vinyl and digital formats June 10th with The Order Label and there’s a lot in store. Season Two picks up right where their debut ended, splashing fresh paint on the canvas and heating things up through raw lyricism and organic production. 12 new episodes full of blood, mystery, and mayhem, served with the freshest of hip hop styles you can find from this era. Described by The Kleenrz themselves, “Season Two is left coast, Southern, dark, messy, beautiful, inventive, cool, fun and frothy. However, as always with our music, there’s always nuggets of truths wrapped in with horror that reflects what we see and hear everyday.” The lyrical storylines on Season Two were solely written under the guise of Self Jupiter. Kenny Segal lays down creatively disturbing sample interludes, dynamic multi-instrumentalism and head nodding snare and kick drum. It’s all formulated under a lush scheme of cohesion between the two that touches every corner of hip hop and builds on the creative luminance of their first venture. Features on Season Two bring together many roots of LA music culture, including Busdriver, Myka 9, Penthouse Penthouse, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, D-Styles, Sach, Abstract Rude, AWOL One, Grouch, and Eligh. Everyone featured brought their uniqueness to the LP, adding to The Kleenrz legacy in the most proper of ways. Season Two is absolute heat from Self Jupiter and Kenny Segal, imaginatively weaving some of the darkest corridors of society together and giving it a new world to thrive in.
The underground hip-hop scene in Los Angeles is constantly expanding, with artists flowing in and out of the cities boundaries that activate every area of the genres base. Few artists remain embedded with creative endurance intact and one of the rising hip-hop voices whose spirit remains true to LA is Trenttruce. He’s a frequent collaborator to Stones Throw / Leaving MC Koreatown Oddity and Black Jungle Squad co-founder Jeremiah Jae, guiding an opulent sense of lyricism over an odyssey of experimental beats. After a few years of backing others in the underground world of LA hip-hop, Life After Life is Trenttruce’s debut album. The Order Label is home to artists such as Milo, Jonwayne, Sahtyre and Kenny Segal. Trenttruce will be a main staple for the imprints momentum going into the future.
© 2017 Fat Beats | 8920 Eton Ave. Canoga Park, CA 91304
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to email@example.com