Sold Out - $29.99
Sold Out - $29.99
Sold Out - $28.99
Limited Texas-shaped vinyl pressing! "Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)" by U.G.K. is one of the most recognizable Hip Hop songs of the 2000s. This is the kind of record that can be heard anywhere, from car shows in Texas to basement parties in Brooklyn, maybe even at your cousin's wedding. This song is so good that at the 2007 BET Hip Hop Awards Kanye West famously gave his Video Of The Year award to U.G.K. after "Stronger" beat "Int'l Players Anthem". Let's also not forget it's Grammy Nomination. Yes, it's that good. U.G.K.'s celebratory anthem also features Outkast and the groups combine as one over a very hypnotic Three 6 Mafia produced beat. The sample used is Willie Hutch's "I Choose You" from the movie The Mack, which is the perfect backdrop for Andre 3000, Pimp C (R.I.P.), Bun B and Big Boi to spit tales of women, money, and marriage. The song starts off with Andre 3000 rhyming over the elegant doo-wop vocal harmonies until a stuttered drum kick changes the mood for Pimp C to spit fire. This beat change/mood switch happens each verse, fitting each rapper's personality and tone, kudos to DJ Paul and Juicy J for expertly crafting this record. For Black Friday Record Store Day, Get On Down presents "International Players Anthem" as a special collectible vinyl release shaped like U.G.K.'s home state of Texas!
Sold Out - $28.99
Super Tight…is the second album from Hip-Hop legends UGK, originally released in 1994. The title of the album is taken from its stand out single “Front, Back & Side to Side”. Bun B and Pimp C (R.I.P.) were already on fire from their debut album a few years prior but they perfected the Southern Playa sound with this record. At the time of its release Super Tight...was only issued on Cassette and CD so it’s a must for fans and collectors to grab the vinyl now that it’s available for the very first time. The album kicks off with “Return”, which after a few snare hits and the bluster of Pimp C’s voice it is clear to the world - the underground kings are back. Countless tracks like “Three Sixteens” (featuring DJ DMD), “Stoned Junkee”, “It’s Supposed to Bubble”, “I Left It Wet for You” and the previously mentioned “Front, Back, & Side To Side” all perfectly showcase the chemistry between Bun B & Pimp C over deep southern funk grooves. The production on this album is stellar, all bass heavy and features Meters lead guitarist Leo Nocentelli. Like their debut album Too Hard to Swallow Bun B and Pimp C were ahead of the game, and with Super Tight...they perfected it.
On May 9, 1995, the release of an album by a new Memphis rap group changed the future of Memphis rap and the future of rap itself. The release of "Mystic Stylez" by Three 6 Mafia marked the first commercial release of a supergroup that had formed through the merger of DJ Paul and Juicy J, two of Memphis' most popular mixtape DJs in the early 90's. The group would go on to record 9 albums and be the first rap group ever to receive an Academy Award for their song "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp." Three 6 Mafia also helped launch the careers of Lil Wyte, La Chat, Project Pat, Gangsta Boo & more.
Sold Out - $26.99
Ridin' Dirty is the third studio album by dirty south legends Bun B and Pimp C – together known as UGK. It is easily considered one of the greatest southern hip hop albums ever made, but let’s drop all the labels this is just pure good rap music, for any region. It's all right there, everything that people have come to expect from Houston rap: candy-painted cars, wood-grained steering wheels, flashy jewelry, late-night odes to lean and weed, passing references to DJ Screw tapes, those warm funk synthesizers that sound like radio oldies. All of Ridin' Dirty feels iconic now— among other reasons, because so many of its lyrics have since been cribbed by everyone from Slim Thug to Jay Z. There's the laid-back badassery of ""Diamonds and Wood,"" the zoned-out celebration of ""3 in the Morning,"" the ridiculous boasting of ""Fuck My Car."" Everything here is essential. Ridin’ Dirty was produced entirely by Pimp C and features start to finish bangers such as “One Day”, “Murder”, “Hi Lif” and of course the title track “Ridin’ Dirty.” Pimp C’s makes use of perfectly chosen Soul, Funk and Gospel samples to create a perfect soundscape for he and Bun B to trade verse over. Despite there being no singles or videos released from the album, the set went on to be a pivotal moment in southern hip hop as well as UGK's best-selling and most critically acclaimed release.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org