Sold Out - $94.99
"EXTRATERRESTRIA is DJ QBert's much-anticipated follow up to his groundbreaking debut album and feature film, Wave Twisters. Several years in the making, Extraterrestria is a wide collection of various types of music from other planets and dimensions from around the galaxy. The compilation of sounds were collected by the Galactic Skratch Federation, which is similar to the Grammy committee here on (Gaia) Earth. Featuring DJ QBert's signature skratching, the album is accompanied by several well-known musicians to boost the sonic soundscape; from world-acclaimed cellist and trombonist Dana Leong to super producer Chad Hugo of The Neptunes / N*E*R*D fame to the eclectic instrumental exotica sounds of Tipsy. Extraterrestria transcends what turntablism is and what skratch music sounds like in the future. GALAXXXIAN is an imported album from Earth (Gaia) to the Galactic Skratch Federation's compilation of music. It features DJ QBert's skratching with a host of talented MC's: Kool Keith, Del The Funky Homosapien, Bambu, Soul Khan, Mr.Lif , El-P, Madchild, DZK, Roscoe Umali, Tassho Pearce, The FMD & Z-Man. With DJ QBert's partnership with Algoriddim's DJay app and Novalia's capacitive touch technology collaboration, Thud Rumble was able to conceptualize and develop the WORLD'S FIRST INTERACTIVE ALBUM PACKAGING. With this innovation, the album's gatefold cover is transformed into an actual DJ controller. By accessing DJ QBert's album (or any MP3) through the DJay app, you're able to manipulate and effect the songs with the use of the built-in controller. Includes 2 CDs in custom vinyl-style holders and the Extraterrestria Interactive DJay Controller; as featured in Popular Mechanics, The Source, Mass Appeal, The Verge, Complex, Ego Trip, Billboard, Gizmodo, PSFK, SF Bay Guardian and BBC UK.
Sold Out - $14.99
Pressed in LIMITED EDITION WHITE VINYL! A favorite with a collectible twist, GAG SEAL BREAKS is now available in a limited run of white vinyl. This is the classic Superseal on steroids, this is SUPERSEAL 3D! Three times as many dope sounds as the previous Superseal Records on one record. Some classic sounds have even been reversed creating a new way to take your skratching to a whole other dimension. The record includes a BONUS funky skratch beat produced by DJ Qbert and featured on STREET FIGHTER! One of a kind 3-D-Graffiti artwork by Kid Robot artist East3! Includes Thud Rumble 3-D glasses for your viewing pleasure.
Sold Out - $49.99
Universally acknowledged as some of the most skilled scratch DJs in the world, turntable legends the Invisibl Skratch Piklz are releasing their first ever full-length album: The 13th Floor. After nearly 16 years apart, original members Qbert, Shortkut, and D-Styles have come together again to record The 13th Floor. Composed with a heavy jazz sound in mind, the roughly 35-minute LP is an amazing homage to what true DJing is – and the perfect embodiment of the iconic Invisibl Skratch Piklz sound. Recorded using three DJ mixers and three turntables, the album showcases the trio’s deft skills and inspired talent, and displays how they have progressed and perfected their sound all while pushing the art of turntablism into brave new dimensions. The 13th Floor deftly blends the abstract artistry of scratching with undeniable musicality: lush synths, warm horns, solid basslines, and fat vibes. It’s easy to feel “Fresh Out of FVCKS” – a track that creeps up the keys and slowly shoves its way in. “Kenny G’s Perm” is surprisingly relaxed, a mellow and sludge-covered jam. From the aggressive roughness of “Polka Fist Pump” to the thick sound of “The Freestyle Fanatic,” the LP flips, knocks, twists, and finds truth on the turntables. Fusing elements of jazz, rock and hip hop, the album demonstrates true artistry, creative composition, and masterful turntablism. The 13th Floor solidifies that no matter how much time has passed, the Invisibl Skratch Piklz are still among the most innovative musicians in the world.
© 2017 Fat Beats | 8920 Eton Ave. Canoga Park, CA 91304
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org