Sold Out - $69.99
Iron Flag is the fourth studio album by American East Coast hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, released in 2001. It was certified Gold. Having churned out a myriad of solo projects since their breakthrough group album Enter The Wu-Tang and Wu-Tang Forever, the crew surprisingly came together a year after The W to launch a new album. Rather than stick to one unified sound for most of the album's tracks, as with previous Clan albums, much of Iron Flag returns to many different individual sounds and styles that the Wu-Tang had visited over the years. Sonical influences range from RZA's Bobby Digital sound to the gritty style of the Wu-Tang's debut album, and the sped-up vocal samples style of Wu-Tang Forever. Iron Flag also makes use of non-Wu artists well known in their own right: Flavor Flav of Public Enemy and soul legend Ronald Isley make appearances.
Legend Of The Wu-Tang is a must-have compilation album by the Wu-Tang Clan, released in 2004. The album features classic raw cuts like "C.R.E.A.M.", "Shame On A Nigga" and "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit", but also later classics like "Gravel Pit" and "Uzi (Pinky Ring)". The tracklist includes the rare unedited version of "Protect Ya Neck", a remix of the song "Method Man" with alternate verses, as well as "Shaolin Worldwide", "Sucker M.C.'s" (a Run D.M.C. cover) and "Diesel", three tracks the Wu-Tang produced for soundtracks and compilations.
Sold Out - $19.99
Wu-Tang Clan’s first ever 12” presented in a split yellow & black colored vinyl pressing. In 1993, an unsuspecting – and some might say dozing – hip-hop world was bumrushed by a force that would dominate its consciousness for the rest of the decade: the nine-member Wu-Tang Clan. This is the song that started it all. Originally self-released on cassette and vinyl (with producer and group patriarch The RZA’s Staten Island home address on the label), the song blew up in a way that has rarely been equaled in the hip-hop world. The grass roots groundswell it created is part of what built the Wu-Tang legend and kept it strong. The song, beat-wise, is a driving, dusty musical assault. That description holds true lyrically as well, thanks to eight out of nine group members attacking the mic (Masta Killa was absent), one by one – each showing their unique flow and methodic madness, from GZA’s even keel to Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s manic train of thought. Within months of first exploding on college radio, the song was dominating mainstream hip-hop shows around the world. Eventually picked up by Loud Records, it remains one of the most explosive hip-hop posse cuts of all time, full of intelligence, righteous indignation (at record labels who had dropped and dissed various members of the crew) and raw power. This limited edition 12-Inch is pressed on split yellow and black vinyl for the first time ever, with a reproduction of the original cover art and a plastic Get On Down-branded outer sleeve.
The new Wu-Tang Clan album A Better Tomorrow – on vinyl at last. Double vinyl, includes five exclusive instrumental cuts! Warner Bros. Records has signed a global recording contract with legendary rap group Wu-Tang Clan, including RZA, GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa, and Cappadonna. The group's first release on the label will be the highly-anticipated 20th anniversary album. This will be the 1st release from the legendary group in 7 years. Homer Johnsen of HipHopDX stated, "The album achieves a successful yin and yang between the long-time Wu sound and RZA's overall, progressive vision. All in all, the Wu remains palatable. They each have their own skillset they bring to the table, and all of them do so with varying degrees of grit on the album." Andy Gill of The Independent said, "It’s a pretty decent album, with their trademark melange of rap stylings at their most spikily effective, each track switching between self-promotion, street-crime narrative, social commentary and cosmological speculation as different members take the mic." David Jeffries of AllMusic said, "RZA executive produces to perfection, and somehow, orders this diverse, 15-song track list into a sensible flow. Don't call it a comeback, call it a collective, or a compilation from solo artists who sound enthused to be back with an especially inspired RZA as ringleader." Sam Moore of Drowned in Sound stated, "Fifteen new tracks make the cut on A Better Tomorrow, with the oft-masterful RZA handling production on ten of the offerings. But the record doesn’t successfully break new ground as much as it reassuringly treads familiar paths: samples of dialogue and fighting sequences from old martial-arts films, cut-and-paste instrumentals that numerous members of the Clan take turns to go in over, and a plethora of references to those halcyon ’93 days. You know, classic Wu-Tang stuff."
Warner Bros. Records has signed a global recording contract with legendary rap group Wu-Tang Clan, including RZA, GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa, and Cappadonna. The group's first release on the label will be the highly-anticipated 20th anniversary album, A Better Tomorrow, which will be available December 2nd. This will be the 1st release from the legendary group in 7 years.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org