With special guests Future, Pusha T, M.I.A, Novelist, Leikeli47, Rustie and Tirzah, also continuing his visual collaboration with multi-medium artist, Jonathan Zawada. LuckyMe are proud to present Baauer’s long awaited debut album, Aa. Following the smash GoGo! single (2015), The ß EP with Rae Sremmurd and Alunageorge (2014), laser-etched vinyl 12” Dum Dum (2013), and genre defining ‘Higher’ with Just Blaze and Jay Z (2012) – not to mention the Harlem Shake phenomenon. Baauer sets off again to change contemporary American dance music with a highly anticipated debut album. Aa (pronounced ‘double a’) is a record that could only be made by a kid born of New York inspired by rap and dance music culture, traveling the globe sampling and processing found sounds. This is bright, stadium, urban dance music from the 26-year-old Portuguese New Yorker (via London and Philadelphia) known as Harry Rodrigues.
Cashmere Cat - Norwegian artist Magnus August Hoiberg, who has worked with Ludacris, Ariana Grande and pop hit-maker Benny Blanco - releases his first EP for LuckyMe. It's a very accomplished work, every beat and electronic contortion bursting with character. The expressive waves of autotune and electro thump of previous single 'With Me' give way to the stuttering rhythms of 'Pearls' and the feather-light drip of 'Rice Rain'. Title track 'Wedding Bells' is the standout though, sultry voices and shiny, delicate production mixing with the thick low-end of '00s hip hop for infectious results.
LuckyMe are proud to announce Eclair Fifi’s debut record - ‘Never Let Go’ by Mickey Oliver & Shanna Jae. The first in a series of Chicago House and Latin Freestyle Drumapella, Percapella & Synthapella reissues & remixes. “I’ve had this record for years – my parents were into Chicago House and it’s been with me forever. Shanna Jae is better known as Paris Grey from Inner City… Goes without saying ‘Good Life’ is one of my favourite childhood records but a few years ago I was caught playing ‘Never Let Go Drumapella’ out at New Years Eve in London and it always changes the energy in a club. I’m a sucker for percapellas and have played them in as pivot tracks in sets since I started DJing; high energy drums, wet vocals and the space to take the set into different directions – ‘Never Let Go’ is a moment whenever it’s played. When I first approached Mickey Oliver it was through the comments section on his old website that kept crashing. I had to find his email via the site’s code. We were sent a master to work with, recently digitised from the original 1987 tape. Then I had the record remixed by a load of friends I’ve met touring, all picked for their drums. Aden’s is jacking, Strip Steve for his percussive 808 house sound and Airmax97 for a contemporary club edit. I wanted to compile a series of records and remixes that I have a long connection with since my first days DJing on Interface Radio in the early 00s, long before LuckyMe. To bring it together I tracked down phone and fax numbers, label studio addresses that had been turned into auto trade garages in Miami... It’s been a long time coming to put this series together. I’ve hand-made cover illustrations for all of the vocalists. It’s not just a ‘project’ to me – I can boldly say this is my favourite music and it’s about celebrating true dance music.” – Eclair Fifi. London. 2016 Mickey Oliver is the pioneering Chicago House producer, DJ and founding member of the Hot Mix 5 from Chicago’s 102.7 WBMX. Shanna Jae is the preeminent vocalist renowned for both her solo record produced by Mickey Oliver and as one half (as Paris Grey) of Inner City with Kevin Saunderson. The announce of Eclair Fifi’s debut series of 12” Eps comes fresh from her headline radio show on NTS that launched in January 2016. The Scottish artist and illustrator started DJing on pirate radio at Interface FM in London at 16-years-old, and has since gone to to host her own In New DJs we Trust residency on Radio 1, the LuckyMe show on Rinse FM and of course there’s her iconoclastic RA mix that closed out 2015. If you joined her European headline tour with Nina Las Vegas, or fell in love at any of the Eclair Fifi & Pals parties in Paris, or lost your mind at MoMA PS1 in New York or at Ed Banger’s 20 Years of Party in London, you already know her peerless vibe and consummate knowledge of Latin Freestyle, Italo, techno, hip hop and RnB. When not DJing Eclair Fifi is the designer and illustrator behind covers and videos for Baauer, Ryan Hemsworth, Machinedrum and many more.
If you have questions regarding your order please visit our Order Status page before contacting us.
If it's urgent don't hesitate to give us a ring.
Business hours are Monday - Friday 9AM-5PM PST.
Call Us Toll Free: (888) 377-3175
To reach us by email use the form below:
Joseph Abajian (DJ Jab) founded Fat Beats in 1994 with nothing more than a shoestring budget and an earnest obsession with the music, the culture, and the brotherhood of New York’s burgeoning rap scene. What began as a simple vinyl shop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side quickly became an integral hub for artists, both aspiring and established, to convene and collaborate on new projects. Joseph’s timing couldn’t have been more impeccable. When the 90’s cultural zeitgeist – and, in turn, the music industry establishment – chose hip-hop as its new arbiter of cool.
International tourists and touring artists alike flocked to Fat Beats for rare vinyl, kindred spirits, and exclusive in-store performances from Jay Z, Eminem, Gang Starr, Outkast, Slum Village, Mos Def, and more. One thing was clear: the Fat Beats phenomenon could no longer be contained in a single basement shop.
In the late nineties, Abajian proceeded to open new stores in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. He further expanded the company’s profile to include global distribution and record label branches. Distribution has since proven to be the company’s strongest and most enduring enterprise. Today Fat Beats Distribution stands poised as one of the country’s pre-eminent distributors of vinyl & specialty item records: a proud survivor in an industry now famous for its mortality rate. Despite market fluctuations, technology innovations, and stylistic revolutions, Fat Beats has remained steadfast in its commitment to the timeless vinyl format and to the loyal community who keeps it spinning.
Important information when ordering with Fatbeats.com...
• Online orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
• If you are confused or need to know about an order placed on the site you can contact us
• Order processing time is separate from shipping time requested.
• International orders and orders that require additional credit verification can take longer to process. Please be available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time.
•We try and offer as many upcoming projects available for pre-order when the releases have moved into production. However, due to the nature of manufacturing and production, pre-order dates may change. If your pre-ordered items are holding your package from arriving please email us with a request to ship the in-stock items and pre-orders when they become available.
•If your order contains pre-order items we will hold the package until all titles are available to ship. Please specify in the comments section of the checkout if you would like to: a) hold your entire order until it can be entirely fulfilled or, b) have the in-stock items shipped immediately and the pre-ordered items ship when available. Please note that option B may require additional shipping charges as multiple packages will be shipped.
• Our stock rapidly changes and we try and set in place a system that avoids purchasing items that become out of stock. However, if a product ordered is out of stock, we will reach out and give you the chance to change or cancel your order. If you choose to cancel, you will be refunded in full.
• IMPORTANT: If the address or phone number supplied conflicts with other information provided, i.e. billing information versus shipping information, we may need to contact you to verify your purchase. Please be available to verify or write an explanation in the notes section during checkout explaining the conflicting information.
•Please make sure you give us your correct billing address and your correct billing phone number. Again, it is highly important that you are available at the provided number or email submitted to speed up verification time enabling us to avoid fraudulent purchases.
• All sales are final. However, if the item ordered is different from the item you receive, please contact us and we can arrange to get you the desired product.
• We are committed to protecting your privacy. There is an opt-in policy to receive marketing and other e-blasts about future products available as well as deals and coupons. If you do not wish to receive these emails you can opt out by simply removing the check from the marketing box below upon check out. We will never sell your email or personal information.
• Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (secure server software) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Fat Beats offers internship opportunities. You must be enrolled in college and reside in the Los Angeles area to be eligible for our programs. If you meet these requirements, please paste your cover letter below and we will contact you if there are open positions available.
We are currently offering an internship program that offers an educational experience in all facets of our distribution operation. The intern would have the ability to assist in each of the following departments:
Online Retail / Marketing
Shipping & Receiving
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university that offers an internship program for academic credit
- Knowledge and passion in independent music and culture; with a specific interest in the artists/releases that Fat Beats supports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Positive attitude - no task should be considered too small
- Must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
Resumes/Cover Letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org